Want to increase e-commerce retention post-checkout?
Utilize the thank you page! Here's how ⬇️⬇️⬇️
1. Clearly state that the user has completed their purchase and congratulate them
2. Summarize what was included in the order
3. Clearly state when the package will arrive and with which courier or delivery service
4. Offer an easy way for the user to get in touch with the store owner (e.g., live chat, email, phone number)
5. Explain to the user how they can track their package
6. Offer the user the chance to buy additional items or quantities of the same product at a lower price or to buy a complementary product, with a clear explanation that these items will be combined with their recently placed order
7. Offer the user a coupon code that they can use for their next purchase or give to their friends
8. Include a summary of all information in the confirmation email (product summary, upsells, coupon code, etc.)
🎯 A/B Testing
To determine which of these tips is most effective at improving the e-commerce conversion on your add-to-cart page, it is crucial to conduct A/B testing. A/B testing involves creating two versions of your cart page, with one version (the "A" version) serving as the control and the other (the "B" version) featuring a specific change or variation. You can then compare these two versions' performance to see which leads to higher conversion rates. This can help you identify which elements of your cart page are most impactful and guide your optimization efforts. It is recommended to test one change at a time to determine its impact on conversions accurately.
Here is a guide on how to do an A/B test on Codesphere.